I am delighted to be able to offer this unique half-term programme, incorporating the principles of creativity, cooperation, health, wellness and sustainable living.
The week will be held from 31st October to 4th November at a finca and casita in rural Llucmajor. With a day programme and a residential option, the week will be fully supervised and facilitated by myself, fully qualified and experienced teacher, workshop leader and nutritional adviser. I will be ably assisted by the finca residents, Charles and Sheila Eden.
Sustainability, wholeness, non-harm, creativity, harmony, peace, self esteem.
- To develop an understanding of ‘connectedness’ (In the sense of our minds being connected to our bodies, our connectedness to, and inter-reliance on other people, and nature
- To disconnect from technology and reconnect with self, others and nature
- To learn key concepts in nutrition, how to select and balance good foods, and how to combine and cook them
- To understand the importance of educating not only our minds, but our bodies, through movement and physical activity.
- Use children’s natural curiosity and enthusiasm for the outdoors to introduce them to ideas of sustainable living
- To understand the concept of reduce, reuse, recycle through art and practical projects
- To develop basic DIY skills
- To expose ‘campers’ to the concept of ecoliteracy
- Support children as they develop confidence in their ability to self nurture and self support
- To have fun, make friends and be happy
As day one is Halloween we will begin by preparing for a halloween party! We will learn how to make healthy, themed party snacks and prepare decorations by recycling and reusing waste. During the evening there will be a party with all the traditional halloween games, music and a movie showing.
Days 2-5 will cover the following
Nutrition and cooking skills (all lunches will be made together and will be nutritionally balanced and vegetarian)
Eco project- introduction to sustainable living, Mallorca biodiversity, attracting wildlife, making and planting a vegetable garden
Responsible animal care
Upcycling- tin lanterns, bird feeders, garden waterers, rainwater catchers etc
The residential programme will also include breakfast and dinner, movie and pizza night, Camp night and bbq night with games and free time in a safe, supervised environment.
Daily: 40 EUR
Full week (incl lunch, without accommodation): 170 EUR
Full week, full board with accommodation: 300 EUR
Tuesday- Thursday 9.30-5pm
Friday 9.30 – 3pm
(residential Monday 1.30pm- Friday 5pm)
Full timetable to follow.
Age group: 12-16
Location: The accommodation can be seen at the link below (bedroom will be converted to 4 bed dorm)
A non-refundable deposit of 50% will need to be paid to secure places. The remaining balance can be paid on the day of arrival.